Tuesday, April 23, 2013

If only, I could be..

1. A Guitarist
That's SLASH! 

2. A Dancer
Any form. 
Oh, what the hell! Every form.

3. Lead Vocalist in a rock band
She is one of my favorite vocalist, Amy Lee from Evanescence.

4. A Painter
I can bath in colors

5. A Pianist
Best.Sitting-job.Ever.

6. Chef Garde Manger
Chef Garde Manger is a chef who crafts cold dishes like salads, hors d'oeuvres, terrines etc artistically in a cold, ventilated area.
I also have a three month experience in this area. That counts, right?

7. An Author
Who doesn't want to be?

8. A Food & Wine Connoisseur
Someone who has a great deal of knowledge about cuisines and wine and an expert judge in matters of taste.

9. A Chef
Okay! I can make my peace with being a chef in any kitchen department. My personal favorite: Bakery and French Cuisine.

10. A Scientist
A vague term, but a scientist in any field is a dream come true. I just need a lab to stay in all the time!

11. An Archaeologist
 
This should actually be at the top of my list. I love history, I love wandering around to nowhere, I love knowing about the eras that existed thousands of years ago. My name itself means "Earth".

12. A Zoologist
For just one plain reason- I LOVE animals!

13. A Botanist
After animals, plants and trees are my best friend.

14. An Astronaut
Again, who doesn't want to be?

15. A Spy/an FBI agent
Maybe, I watch too much TV, but, yes, I so want to be someone who rushes to a crime scene on getting a call.

16. A Gymnast 
My mother wanted me to be one because she felt I had no bones!

17. A Scuba Diver
There is nothing as naturally colorful as the under water life.

18. A Skydiver
Because I want to fly.
19. A Wildlife Photographer
Animals and thrills and photography? An intense yes. Probably in the rain forest.

20. A Firefighter
To help and save people.

21. A Soldier
Again, to help and save people.

22. A Philanthropist
She is Anuradha Koirala from Nepal. My biggest inspiration. A social activist who saved more than 12,000 girls from sex trafficking. She restores my faith in humanity.
(please watch the video on YouTube, which I've linked under her name above)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


....all of them in one life!

The Math:
1-5 would act as a therapy and would satisfy the aspiring artist in me.
6-9 are professions I can really act upon and achieve them because of my relative educational and professional background. (except for 'Author')
10-14 will keep me close to science, as I always wanted to be.
15-19 are for the adventurer in me.
20, 21 and 22, for making this world a better place to live in.

2 of these options can get me killed by criminals.
3 other professions could break my bones.
and
2 of them can probably convert me into a dinner for animals.

So for now, lets just build castles in the air



14 comments:

  1. First of all, you are a good write. So, you can definitely be a good author. So do give it a try in writing a book.

    If only I could be - All in one Life.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but, I really need to cultivate the dedication needed to even start being an author. Haha..

      If Only...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful
    Loved all the clicks :) all professions
    you can try them all in your stories
    good lck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a smart idea Afshan. Using them in my stories. I am really working on my first fiction piece. I will try to blend in this professions.

      Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  3. Awww! This sounds something like I'd like. Wonderful post Dhara :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)Nice dreams to cherish. We all have such kinds of imaginary castles and sometimes these are our motivations.
    Thanks a lot for your visit on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it was a great post..

    And i watched the video at the end, quite moving!

    All i can say is best wishes for all of your wishes! :)

    Happy Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Her and Him > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJZoOGXIXQU, have been my biggest inspiration. People like them makes the world a better place to live in.

      Delete
  6. I am already the first one! Well sort of! I am also kinda in the vicinity of the 4th one. I have already tried the 4th one, didn't work out very well for me :P. I am a lazy 7th one. Really want to be the 8th one, and I will never quite be the 2nd one I guess, (Sigh!) but a great list... I definitely like the last one - the cherry on top :) ...

    ReplyDelete

Sup 2017!

Gosh, I've been on this blog after so long, it doesn't even recognize me anymore. It's giving me this cold look I usually get f...